Unit 1 M58 Distribution Centre,
Motivating and positive work environment
20 + 8 Days Holiday
Employee Recognition Scheme
Free onsite parking
Monday – Friday, core business hours, however due to the nature of the role you will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business
• Proven previous experience in Repacking, Reworking and Co-pack Management.
• Flexibility within the role to be able to cover a variety of areas within the warehouse.
• Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
• Able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of on-site systems.
• Able to work to tight deadlines.
• PC Literate in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Should demonstrate the drive and desire to progress.
• Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns.
• Proven experience in leading a team, delegating, supervising and keeping staff motivated.
• Should have good oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills and a knack to problem solve.
• Proven management and leadership skills and experience
• Desire to grow the business, develop themselves
• Strong interpersonal & conciliation skills and the capacity to network with suppliers and customers.
• IOSH Managing safely Level 3 will be an advantage
• Recognised qualification in logistics, supply chain management or warehousing and storage are advantageous
• Understanding of BRC requirements
To contribute to the success of the site by supporting the Site Management Team in the day-to-day running of the warehouse for the Co-Pack Operation, ensuring that all service and cost targets are met or exceeded, that all Health & Safety requirements are met and that the highest standards of housekeeping are maintained.
• Ensuring all day to day Operational Rework & Co-pack requirements consistently meet the customer’s expectations.
• Scheduling and supervising the activities and the functions of the rework team.
• Ensuring the proper and timely completion of all activities within the Rework department.
• To communicate plans with on site Management and Client’s to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
• To ensure compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety policy and procedures through safe systems of work and practices, good housekeeping and the provision of information and training to the warehouse team to ensure total safety awareness.
• To keep and maintain records of team performance against plans and to address issues as required.
• To assist in the organisation of training and development for warehouse staff, including on-the-job coaching, and to evaluate training effectiveness in terms of improved individual and team performance and the maximum flexibility of team members.
• To review with site Management and individual members’ any opportunities for improving work methods and practices on a continuous basis.
• To offer regular feedback, formal and informal, on team and individual performance, including behavioural issues and highlighting good performance and areas for further development.
• To participate as an active member of the management team, and to offer suggestions for solving problems, improving efficiency, customer and quality focus and team working.
• Ensure employees are trained in the job they are employed to do and this is recorded
• Enforce safe work practices
• Correct unsafe conditions
• Investigate Accidents and Near miss reports
• Promote good practice
• Ensure legal requirements are met with regards to Fire Marshalls and First Aid training
• Ensure equipment is safe to use and legally compliant
• Carry out workplace safety tours
This list is not exhaustive and the successful position holder may be required to carry out any task which the Company might reasonably require you to do.
Monitoring health and safety risks and hazards in the workplace. Advising employees on how to minimise or ultimately avoid risks and hazards in the workplace. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to