Unit 1 M58 Distribution Centre,
Head Office, Skelmersdale
£30,000 – £33,000 per annum depending on experience
Employee Assistance Programme
Employee of the Month Scheme
Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
• Have excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Be computer literate and have a good understanding of MS office applications.
• Be able to work to tight deadlines and manage their own time effectively.
• Be willing to travel extensively within the UK
• Good handle on H&S Legislation and its implementation
• Background in Warehousing or Transport Environment
• Knowledge of OHSAS 18001 and/or ISO 45001 systems
• Experience of the Environment, DGSA, MHRA or COMAH
• NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
• Member of IOSH (or IIRSM)
Reporting to the Head of Compliance & Health & Safety, this is an exciting opportunity for a proactive and collaborative individual to join a growing business and have a real impact in Health & Safety.
The successful candidate will support and advise the Company on all of its Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities across all sites, management and monitoring of standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure the company remain compliant.
Looking to achieve the ISO 45001 qualification which would fall under the remit of the Health & Safety role, there is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to support the business and its site managers in achieving excellence.
• Ensure the Company’s Health & Safety Policy is implemented consistently across the organisation
• Monitor, evaluate and review Health & Safety Policy and Practice, make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required
• Champion the implementation of ISO 45001 Environmental system by developing systems, procedures and relevant documentation
• Support the Head of Compliance & Health & Safety to create and deliver annual Health Safety & Environmental plans that underpin the Company’s Health & Safety policy and demonstrate continuous improvement of Health Safety & Environmental standards in the business
• Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, environmental and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
• Advise on the implications of current and new legislation and monitor to ensure that positive steps are being taken to implement requirements
• Manage all health and safety administration, ensuring that adequate records are maintained in accordance with legislative requirements, policies, codes of practice and procedures
• Monitoring and reporting of incidents trends which are of major significance to service delivery
• Compliance with governing bodies, reporting, maintenance of records—RIDDOR, LOLER, PUWER, COSHH
• Organising training and refresher courses for FLT / PPE / First Aiders / Fire Marshals
• As guided by the Head of Compliance & Health & Safety, organising Management Health & Safety meetings, supporting documentation and action plans
• Complete regular workplace inspections to identify good practices and non-conformities and assist in the implementation of corrective actions
• Supporting incident investigations to aid collation of evidence to determine root causes and to provide recommendations to prevent re-occurrence and defend against possible personal injury claims Health surveillance and identify any corrective actions needed
• In conjunction with the Site Management Teams and Head of Compliance & Health & Safety provide and support in house training programs and communication sessions (e.g. manual handling, tool box talks)
• Development and maintenance of a Health & Safety management system