Unit 1 M58 Distribution Centre,
Motivating and positive work environment
20 + 8 Days Holiday
Free On-site parking
06:00-14:00 or 14:00-22:00
• Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and monitor others levels of detail.
• Able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of on-site systems and processes.
• Able to work to tight deadlines.
• PC Literate in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Should demonstrate the drive and desire to progress.
• Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns.
• Ability to efficiently lead a multitude of teams effectively, delegate, supervisory functions and keep staff motivated.
• Should have good oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills and a knack to problem solve.
• Strong interpersonal, conciliation skills and the capacity to network with suppliers and customers.
• Understanding of BRC
• Attend weekly Health and Safety/HACCP meetings with the team
• Ensure Warehouse and site rules are upheld
• Promote good practice
• Report good practice
• Report any Safety concerns
• Follow all safe working procedures
• Wear the correct PPE at all times
We are seeking experienced Operation Controllers who are motivated, friendly and hardworking to join the team in our new and fast-paced warehouse facility. This role will support the Operations Managers assisting them to ensure that all service, cost and health and safety targets are met or exceeded, whilst leading from the front to ensure house-keeping is exceptional.
Kammac prides itself on employing people who make a difference, if you have the desire to manage, with drive and determination, then this could be the role for you!
• To assist the Operations Manager in the day to day running of the operation across multiple shifts and department heads inclusive of, but not limited to, Internal: administration, payroll, transport, site security External: supplier, Customer with a collective goal to continuously improve.
• Manage the Operations Systems including TMS, WMS, ERP & various spreadsheets. Ensuring the smooth flow of activity as well as efficient workload balancing.
• Deputise on behalf of the Operations Manager when required ensuring all communicated management calls and required information is distributed effectively.
• To assist the Operations manager in co-ordinating any challenges within the operation and communicating these across the multiple Team Leaders to maintain performance and continuously improve communication.
• Scheduling and supervising the activities and the functions of the warehouse staff including supporting the operations manager by deputising resource requirements against volume activity – multi shift format and deployment
• To regularly attend and plan meetings and briefings as required.
• Ensuring the reporting provided by the Team Leaders is done so with validation and effective communication inclusive of, but not limited to, hour trackers and shift handovers.
• To communicate plans with the operations teams and ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
• To ensure compliance with the company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures through safe systems of work and practices, good housekeeping and the provision of information.
• Maintain the training programmes of staff by supporting the training plan as provided by the Site management team.
• To keep and maintain records of team performance against plans and to advise Site Management of factors that may disrupt operations which cannot be resolved by the team Leader supporting where possible.
• To assist in the organisation of training and development for team leaders to constructively integrate, including on-the-job coaching and evaluating training effectiveness in terms of improved individual and team performance and the maximum flexibility of team members.
• To continuously monitor and ensure Team Leaders maintain customer facing booking schedules and tracking forms.
• To offer regular feedback, formal and informal, on team and individual performance, including behavioural issues and highlighting good performance and areas for further development. This is inclusive of file notes and minor investigations on behalf of the Shift Manager
• To assist the Operations Manager in controlling levels of planned and unplanned absence and take appropriate action to ensure cover, as necessary, and manage reductions of unacceptable levels.
• To participate as an active member of the management team, and to offer suggestions for solving problems, improving efficiency, customer and quality focus and team working.
This list is not exhaustive and the successful position holder may be required to carry out any task which the Company might reasonably require you to do.
A member of our HR team will get back to you.