Unit 1 M58 Distribution Centre,
20+8 Days Holiday
Employee of the Quarter Scheme
Company Pension Scheme
Days and Nights
• Flexibility within the role to be able to cover a variety of areas and shifts within the warehouse.
• Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and monitor others levels of detail.
• Must be a team player who is capable of working on their own initiative and able to give projects through delegation.
• Able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of on-site systems and processes.
• Able to work to tight deadlines.
• PC Literate in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Should demonstrate the drive and desire to progress.
• Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns.
• Ability to efficiently lead a multitude of teams effectively, delegate, supervisory functions and keep staff motivated.
• Should have good oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills and a knack to problem solve.
• Strong interpersonal, conciliation skills and the capacity to network with suppliers and customers.
Ensuring the success of site performance by supporting the Site Management team in the day-to-day running of the warehouse across multiple shifts in the operation. This includes managing teams through key performance indicators and individual performance management. Maintaining management and control so that all Health & Safety requirements are met and that the highest standards of housekeeping are maintained in line with accreditation and company objectives. To deputise for the Operations Manager in their absence.
• To assist the Operations Manager in the day to day running of the operation across multiple shifts and department heads inclusive of, but not limited to, Internal: administration, payroll, transport, site security External: supplier, Customer with a collective goal to continuously improve.
• Deputise on behalf of the Operations Manager when required ensuring all communicated management calls and required information is distributed effectively.
• To assist the Operations manager in co-ordinating any challenges within the operation and communicating these across the multiple Team Leaders to maintain performance and continuously improve communication.
• Scheduling and supervising the activities and the functions of the warehouse staff including supporting the operations manager by deputising resource requirements against volume activity – multi shift format and deployment
• To regularly attend and plan meetings and briefings as required.
• Ensuring the reporting provided by the Team Leaders is done so with validation and effective communication inclusive of, but not limited to, hour trackers and shift handovers.
• To communicate plans with the operations teams and ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
• To ensure compliance with the company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures through safe systems of work and practices, good housekeeping and the provision of information.
• Maintain the training programmes of staff by supporting the training plan as provided by the Site management team.
• To keep and maintain records of team performance against plans and to advise Site Management of factors that may disrupt operations which cannot be resolved by the team Leader supporting where possible.
• To assist in the organisation of training and development for team leaders to constructively integrate, including on-the-job coaching and evaluating training effectiveness in terms of improved individual and team performance and the maximum flexibility of team members.
• To continuously monitor and ensure Team Leaders maintain customer facing booking schedules and tracking forms.
• To offer regular feedback, formal and informal, on team and individual performance, including behavioural issues and highlighting good performance and areas for further development. This is inclusive of file notes and minor investigations on behalf of the Operations Manager
• To assist the Site Manager in controlling levels of planned and unplanned absence and take appropriate action to ensure cover, as necessary, and manage reductions of unacceptable levels.
• To participate as an active member of the management team, and to offer suggestions for solving problems, improving efficiency, customer and quality focus and team working.