Unit 1 M58 Distribution Centre,
28 Days Holiday
Modern and Dynamic Working Environment
Free Onsite Parking
Employee of the Month Scheme
Core Business Hours, typically 08.00am – 17.00pm, Monday – Friday
Due to the nature of the role you will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to your working hours. In addition, you will be expected to provide weekend cover in the event of annual leave or other absence from the business.
• Currently operating at a similar level or have the capacity to step up to the role.
• Be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of transport operations.
• Well-developed analytical, planning and co-ordination skills.
• Commercial awareness.
• Negotiation skills.
• Ability to produce data and information to identify opportunities and cost saving initiatives.
• Confident user of spreadsheets, word processing and database packages (MS Office preferred), Internet and email.
• Self-driven, results-orientated with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and adherence to deadlines.
• Evidence of delivering mpg improvements.
• Able to demonstrate leadership qualities with excellent influencing and interpersonal skills.
• Good understanding of digital tachograph information and it’s uses.
• Be able to demonstrate a record of successfully instigating revenue improvements or cost reduction initiatives.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, at all levels.
• High personal energy level and commitment.
• Resilience and persistence.
• Proven track record in discipline and grievance management.
• Able to work on own initiative and as a team-player.
• Flexible, ambitious and enthusiastic.
• Management CPC required
• Full UK driving licence
• IOSH Managing safety Level 3 qualification
• Understanding of BRC requirements
Monitoring health and safety risks and hazards in the workplace. Advising employees on how to minimise or ultimately avoid risks and hazards in the workplace. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensure employees are trained in the job they employed to do and this is recorded
• Enforce safe work practices
• Correct unsafe conditions
• Investigate Accidents and Near miss reports
• Promote good practice
• Ensure legal requirements are met with regards to Fire Marshalls and First Aid training
• Ensure equipment is safe to use and legally compliant
• Carry out workplace safety tours
• Attend and hold weekly Health and Safety/HACCP meetings with the team
• Report any concern
• Wear the correct PPE at all times
• Abide by the clean as you go policy
Reporting to the Head of Transport, supported by a team supervisor’s and administration personnel, you will be responsible for overseeing the day to day management of Kammac’s Pallet Track operations. It is essential you should have experience in a similar senior operational role and environment and working within a pallet network.
Your people management skills will be excellent and you will have the ability to engage individuals at all levels within the business. You will have the tenacity to deal with any underperformance, and the charisma to inspire people to deliver their best.
A prerequisite for this role is that you are highly analytical with a real focus on identifying business opportunities whilst continuing to drive the transport operations forwards.
Working in a complex and demanding operation, this position will challenge the successful applicant to the full.
• Overall management and control of the Pallet Network operation.
• Acting as a key representative for the Company’s transport management, responsible for maintaining strong business relationships with the customers.
• Responsibility for holding an in-depth understanding of all commercial elements of each customer contract.
• Raising competencies and performance in all areas of Pallet Network activity so as to contribute to business efficiency and to gain a competitive advantage.
• Overseeing planning and optimisation of Pallet network resources.
• Planning daily workload for an allocated fleet of vehicles.
• Compliance with GVOL requirements and transport regulations, with emphasis towards ‘best practice’.
• Providing communication and advice on relevant current, new and proposed legislation to the Pallet Track team.
• Responsible for ensuring records are managed relating to vehicles and drivers i.e., relating to vehicle roadworthiness, drivers’ hours and Working Time Directive (WTD).
• Support any company initiatives by promoting solutions and best practice through various forums.
• Daily management of the Pallet Network account.
• Managing Key Performance Indicator reporting.
• Managing various data streams to support the operation.
• Compliance with all vehicle and operator license requirements combined with maintaining in house and legal standards.
• Ensuring all transport operations, practices and procedures are managed in line with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and other statutory requirements.
This list is not exhaustive and the position holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate within the position as required. The Company reserves the right to amend duties and responsibilities in response to changing business circumstances.