Unit 1 M58 Distribution Centre,
A motivating and positive working environment with opportunities for personal development.
Employee recognition scheme.
Employee referral bonus scheme.
Holidays. 20 days + 8 bank holidays.
Employee assistance programme.
Free onsite parking.
Monday Friday- 09:00-17:00, a flexible approach is required to meet business needs
• Transport planner or has previously been a transport planner in a networked environment
• Familiar with General haulage operations, and the distribution sector in general
• Experience of using various transport management packages for planning and execution such as Mandata etc.
• Experience of using a transport optimization system beneficial
• Experience of business process modelling and Lean techniques advantageous
• Strong understanding of logistics
• Project implementation support experience is essential
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package including Word and Excel is essential
• Super user experience
• Experience of supporting a team in delivering projects
• Excellent attention to detail with a personable and flexible approach
• Knowledge of AGILE methodologies is an advantage
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Promote good practice
• Report any Safety concerns
• Follow all safe working procedures
• Wear the correct PPE at all times
• Abide by the clean as you go policy
• Documentation of the TO-BE business scenarios, including business processes where required, related to transport operations
• Help the users to articulate operational standards, methods, tools and best practices
• Assist the operational teams in the creation of SOP and off system process
• Work as part of the project team alongside users and vendors to design, test and implement the planning and execution related aspects of but not limited to a TMS solution
• Transfer knowledge of operations to the internal and external project team
• As part of the project team develop specifications from high level requirement documents
• Serve as a domain expert, possessing in-depth knowledge of all aspects of transport processes
• Transfer transport operational knowledge to the project team to ensure that best practice is delivered
• Identify the need for and assist the business to specify, reports required by customers and operational users of the system
• Create and maintain all documentation related to the design of the solution
• Obtain answers from the respective business unit for unknown processes or questions
• Identify risk where applicable
• Communicate updates to help manage the change process