Unit 1 M58 Distribution Centre,
20+8 Days Holiday
Employee of the Quarter Scheme
Company Pension Scheme
Days and Nights
• Flexibility within the role to be able to cover a variety of areas within the warehouse.
• Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
• Must be a team player who is capable of working on their own initiative.
• Able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of on-site systems.
• Administration of Kronos system for all warehouse staff.
• Able to work to tight deadlines.
• PC Literate in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Should demonstrate the drive and desire to progress.
• Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns.
• Ability to efficiently lead a team, delegate, supervise functions and keep staff motivated.
• Should have good oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills and a knack to problem solve.
• Strong interpersonal, conciliation skills and the capacity to network with suppliers and customers.
Contribute to the success of the site by supporting the Site Manager in the day-to-day running of the warehouse, ensuring that all service and cost targets are met or exceeded, that all Health & Safety requirements are met and that the highest standards of housekeeping are maintained. To deputise for the Site Manager in their absence.
• To assist the Site Manager in the day to day running of the operation
• To assist the Site Manager in co-ordinating any issues within the warehouse
• Scheduling and supervising the activities and the functions of the warehouse staff
• Ensuring the proper and timely completion of all warehouse activities
• To communicate plans with the operations teams to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
• To ensure compliance with the company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures through safe systems of work and practices, good housekeeping and the provision of information and training to the warehouse team to ensure total safety awareness.
• To keep and maintain records of team performance against plans and to advise the Site Manager of factors that may disrupt operations which cannot be resolved by the team.
• To assist in the organisation of training and development for warehouse staff, including on-the-job coaching, and to evaluate training effectiveness in terms of improved individual and team performance and the maximum flexibility of team members.
• To review with the Site Manager and individual members’, opportunities for improving work methods and practices on a continuous basis.
• To offer regular feedback, formal and informal, on team and individual performance, including behavioural issues and highlighting good performance and areas for further development.
• To assist the Site Manager in controlling levels of planned and unplanned absence and take appropriate action to ensure cover, as necessary, and manage reductions of unacceptable levels.
• To participate as an active member of the management team, and to offer suggestions for solving problems, improving efficiency, customer and quality focus and team working.