Unit 1 M58 Distribution Centre,
20 + 8 days annual leave
Employee of the Month Scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Any 5 from 7, typically Monday – Friday
• Experienced and with a proven track record in warehousing and customer management (Min 7-10 year’s experience within a Big Shed environment)
• Enthusiasm, drive and commitment
• Experience of site set up of a large warehouse environment would be beneficial (365k sq. ft)
• A demonstrable track record in managing high volume, service driven warehouse operations for Customers
• Track record of working closely with customers and able to illustrate examples of how they have managed such relationships
• Demonstrate the ability of change management within an operational environment
• Excellent communication skills, ability to converse at all levels both internally and with our customer
• Should be a successful leader of teams and have positive personal qualities and attributes
• PC literate with the ability to produce spreadsheets and presentation material
• WMS experience of implementation/set up and development – Technical evidence required
• 3PL experience necessary – Multi Client
• Change Management
• Room for internal growth/scope – Potential to develop into a larger role
• Experience managing conflicting priorities
• Clear evidence of managing complex operations
• Evidence of managing developing teams
• Proven track record of progression within a FMCG environment
• Clear understanding of operational accreditations (BRC, ISO9001 etc)
• Able to work on own initiative and as a team-plater
Based at site you will be an experienced Site Manager, assisting the Senior Management Team implement, lead and develop a new bespoke operation for Kammac as part of our exciting programme of growth and development. Delivering exceptional service to our customers in a busy and demanding environment, you will be a highly motivated individual, with excellent organisational skills and know how to inspire and motivate others. Ideally you should have similar experience in a similar senior operational role and environment and also strong knowledge of Pallet Networks.
• Overall delivery of the daily operating plan for all customers across the site to required cost and SLA’s
• Effective management and communication of operational change
• Ensure depot adheres to/surpasses agreed SLA and KPIs
• To promote proactive people management responses to change issues and initiatives to enable the depot to fulfil its responsibility to staff or, in pursuit of site or organisational aims and objectives
• Coach and mentor team members and actively contribute to the identification of individual and depot training and development needs to meet organisational objective.
• To manage a cohesive and effective management team, achieving consistency between shifts (24/7 Operation)
• Involved in disciplinaries and grievances when required with the support of Human Resources.
• To continually improve efficiencies and identify operational improvements.
• Develop the team to encourage and achieve continuous improvement methodologies in order to improve the profitability, service and efficiency of the site
• Challenge current operating practices and implement initiatives that will value add.
• Ensure systems and procedures are ‘Fit for Purpose’ in order to deliver high performance
• To attend and contribute to depot groups and wider Company meetings, for example, the Health and Safety Committee, etc. To advise on the people and system implications, issues and responses to further the group’s strategies and objectives.
• Ensure strong and visible leadership in all aspects of Health and Safety management
• Initial point of contact for customers at site level for Operational communication
• Management and control of the Pallet Network operation running out of Worksop.
• Acting as a key representative for the Company’s transport management, responsible for maintaining strong business relationships with the customers.
• Responsibility for holding an in-depth understanding of all commercial elements of each customer contract.
• Raising competencies and performance in all areas of Pallet Track activity so as to contribute to business efficiency and to gain a competitive advantage.
• Planning daily workload for an allocated fleet of vehicles.
• Daily management of the Pallet Track account.
• Managing Key Performance Indicator reporting.
• Managing various data streams to support the operation.
• Compliance with all vehicle and operator licence requirements combined with maintaining in house and legal standards.
• Ensuring all operations, practices and procedures are managed in line with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and other statutory requirements.