Unit 1 M58 Distribution Centre,
£26,000 – £28,000 a year
Monday to Friday: 08.00am to 17.00pm
Due to the nature of the role you will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to your working hours.
• Experience of freight forwarding environment – clearing house experience.
• Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Customer focus.
• Problem solving/Analytical.
• Good team player.
• Commercial awareness.
• Numerical skills.
• Flexible approach to daily tasks and work load.
• Working with overseas agents/third parties.
As Freight Forwarder you will report directly to the Freight Forwarding Manager. The position is focused towards Freight Import and Export customers; ensuring customers’ expectations are met from origin to destination. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join a busy and growing team.
• Management of shipments.
• Arranging freight pick up.
• Arranging sub-contractors.
• Ensuring all necessary documentation is supplied and accurate to ensure a smooth movement of goods.
• Tracking shipments.
• Invoicing customers and producing quotes/costings.
• Communicate effectively with customers globally.
The contents of this job description are not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. The job role holder will be expected to undertake additional duties commensurate with the business needs.