Unit 1 M58 Distribution Centre,
Motivating and positive work environment
Employee Recognition Scheme
Free On-site parking
4 on 4 off, days or nights
• Flexibility within the role to be able to cover a variety of areas within the warehouse.
• Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
• Must be a team player who is capable of working on their own initiative.
• Able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of on-site systems.
• Administration of a warehouse management system for all Warehouse staff.
• Able to work to tight deadlines.
• PC Literate in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Should demonstrate the drive and desire to progress.
• Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns.
• Ability to efficiently lead a team, delegate, supervise functions and keep staff motivated.
• Should have good oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills and problem-solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal, conciliation skills and the capacity to network with suppliers and customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Kammac working as part of a new team for clients in the Healthcare sector. We are seeking experienced Shift Managers, who are motivated, friendly and hardworking to join the team in our new and fast-paced warehouse facility. This role will support daily warehousing operations, ensuring that all service, cost and health and safety targets are met or exceeded, whilst leading from the front to ensure house-keeping is exceptional.
Kammac prides itself on employing people who make a difference, if you have the desire to manage, with drive and determination, then this could be the role for you!
• To support the Site Manager in the day to day running of the operation
• To support the Site Manager in co-ordinating any issues within the warehouse
• Scheduling and supervising the activities and functions of the warehouse staff
• Ensuring the proper and timely completion of all warehouse activities
• To communicate plans with the operations teams to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
• To ensure compliance with the company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures through safe systems of work and practices, good housekeeping and the provision of information and training to the warehouse team to ensure total safety awareness.
• To keep and maintain records of team performance against plans and to advise the Site Manager of factors that may disrupt operations which cannot be resolved by the team
• To assist in the organisation of training and development for warehouse staff, including on-the-job coaching, and to evaluate training effectiveness in terms of improved individual and team performance and the maximum flexibility of team members
• To review with the Site Manager and individual members’, opportunities for improving work methods and practices on a continuous basis
• To offer regular feedback, formal and informal, on team and individual performance, including behavioural issues and highlighting good performance and areas for further development
• To assist the Site Manager in controlling levels of planned and unplanned absence and take appropriate action to ensure cover, as necessary, and manage reductions of unacceptable levels
• To participate as an active member of the management team, and to offer suggestions for solving problems, improving efficiency, customer and quality focus and team working
This list is not exhaustive and the successful position holder may be required to carry out any task which the Company might reasonably require you to do.